Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Welcome to Socketbrain!

Socketbrain is the online technical diary and resume of Ken Reynolds.

Follow along as I venture into the vast world of Web Design. Expect to see articles outlining my journey of learning and experimentation with web design technologies and languages such as XHTML, CSS, jQuery, and free Open Source multimedia design software.

As an UberGeek I am an avid supporter and user of Open Source Software. Being such, I have used, hacked, and tortured my fair share of Linux distributions and will continue to do so indefinitely, although I have recently gone back to my Apple roots, so don't be surprised to see some Mac OS X related stuff on here. Linux is not just an OS - it is a way of life, as is the entire Open Source movement.

When I want to kick back and have fun I hack and slash my way through my favorite vintage video games. Yes, I said vintage. I do play some modern games, but I do not own any modern game consoles, and very rarely play games on my PC notebook. So, what kind of vintage games, you ask? For starters, I am a huge fan of my Playstation 2 and Sega Dreamcast. I have many games for both systems and enjoy them all, especially the God of War games for the PS2. Of course, there's also the Splinter Cell series and Gran Turismo. For mobile gaming, besides my iPhone - which I do actually game on - I own a vintage Sega Game Gear. I don't own many games for it, yet, but plan to add Shinobi, Ms. Pac Man, and Mortal Kombat to my Game Gear lineup. I love gaming out on my Game Gear and it certainly comes in handy for late night sessions at work when the tech support calls are few and far between.

That's it in a nutshell. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment