Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Socketbrain has been reinitialized.

Please excuse my dearth of posts, lately. I switched to 10-hour shifts at work, which has taken some adjustment, and have also been enjoying some extra time with my family. Socketbrain has been reinitialized, however, and is back on track.

Not much has happened since my last post, other than the fact that I discovered my ASUS Eee PC's AC adapter does in fact still work. This was a pleasant, accidental surprise and, suffice it to say, I'm simply glad. Now I don't have to rely on my iPhone only for all of my mobile computing needs! This is good, considering the latest news from Apple detailing that owners of the original iPhone, such as myself, will not be able to update to the new iPhone OS 4. I'm highly irritated by this and think it is very short-sighted of Apple. Alas, it has sparked my desire to simply trade-up for an open-source-driven smartphone. Maybe I'll buy a Nexus One!

The only other thing of importance has been my decision to migrate away from CentOS - and Red Hat-based distros in general - to Ubuntu - and Debian-based distros - on my personal home server. Why, you may ask? Simple. I feel that Debian/Ubuntu is far more stable than Red Hat distros. This is in my own experience only and is not derived from any sort of testing. At any rate, I've come to prefer Debian/Ubuntu over Red Hat/Fedora.

That's it for the catch-up. More useful posts to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment