Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

A Hiccup In My Plan to Rule the World!

I sat down tonight, during the few minutes that I had available, with the intention of creating a Billix install on my trusty ol' Kingston 4 GB USB thumb drive. As is usual for any type of hardcore geek work in my lab, I whipped out my faithful ASUS Eee PC 1000H netbook, complete with Ubuntu Netbook Remix Edition, only to discover that the AC adapter for my beloved netbook has somehow bit the dust. What's worse is, after doing a search on Newegg and via Google, I have concluded that there is no replacement to be had for my fried AC adapter. Fail!

So, due to the circumstances, I don't get to play with Billix anytime soon, and I am now in the market for a new netbook, much sooner than I had ever desired. The question is, do I take the plunge and just buy the vanilla 13" White MacBook that I know I really want, or do I save the extra $500 I'd spend on the MacBook and buy the new ASUS Eee PC 1201N, equipped with the new NVIDIA ION graphics processor for netbooks? It is an extremely tough decision. I'll update here once I decide. If anyone has any suggestions, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment